Friday, October 21, 2011

Write What You NaNo BlogParty!


The Write What You NaNo BlogParty is finally here! (Yes, I've made up the word BlogParty and I'm okay with it, even though Blogger's spellcheck isn't.)

I'm super excited to host my very first blogparty. And terribly nervous. But more excited, depending on what day you ask.

When I first conjured up this idea (oh, about 10 days ago...), I envisioned two or three guest bloggers crafting a post on NaNo. So I extended a few invites and they graciously agreed. Then the hamster in my brain started running on her wheel. Who else would be willing to help me out? It never hurts to ask, right? Who are some "big fish" in the blogging world?

Guys, the number of guest posters grew to EIGHT! Wow, I love writers. No one had to think about it or get back to me. Nope, everyone jumped right in, eager to help and I've been riding the warm fuzzy train ever since.

I'm excited about these guest posts because it showcases brand new bloggers alongside some blogging "power players." Without further ado, here's the schedule for the next two weeks:

Week One
Oct 24: Yours truly
Oct 25: Alicia Summers
Oct 26: Adrianne Russell
Oct 27: Sarah Ahiers
Oct 28: Claudie A.

Week Two
Oct 31: Me. Again.
Nov 1: Margo Berendsen
Nov 2: Steph Sinkhorn
Nov 3: Sommer Leigh
Nov 4: Alex J. Cavanaugh*

I invite you all to come back over the next two weeks to read what your fellow bloggers/NaNoers have to say about this writing marathon. Of course, you're invited to come back any time, but these next two weeks are going to be a lot of fun.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday for the Write What You NaNo BlogParty!

*I can't say or type Alex's name without using my best Oprah introduction voice. "I would like to welcome Alex J. Caaaaaaaavanauuuuugggghhh!" Please tell me someone understands because I can't find a video or audio file anywhere.


5 comments:

  1. It's very satisfying seeing my name on the schedule. This will be a great lead in to NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! can't to check out the different posts. I have participated in Nano for two years :D This year will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for my daily laugh! Maybe you could find a Johnny Carson introduction instead, as it sounds similar.
    Looking forward to appearing here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for this. Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. They're as much fun as getting real snail mail. So please, chime in and tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...