Is it just me, or is there a slight buzz running through the blogging world lately? I can't help but wonder if the collective author/blogger/NaNoer community just looked at their calendars and gasped when they saw Nov 1 right around the corner.
13 days, gang. 13 measly days. Are you ready? Do you feel ready? I won't lie. I'm uber nervous about this year's NaNo.
Me in previous years:
I am SO ready that I am now killing time by putting finishing touches--embellishments, if you will--on my outline. I float around my house with an arrogant air, ready to not only "win" NaNo, but to do so before Thanksgiving. Look at me as I casually fold laundry and glance at the calendar, eager to begin. My smugness is irritating everyone, including me.
Here's my current reality:
- I leave for a 9-day international trip three weeks from today.
- I have a sketchy-at-best outline and my characters are flatter than North Dakota.
- Theme? What theme? Why do I need one? Says who?
- (Spoiler alert!) I'm hosting a blogparty for the next TWO WEEKS and while this is all shiny and amazing, it's been cutting into my prep time. Tune in Friday for more information!
- Laundry, dishes, shopping, stocking, planning, prepping, and sleeping have all been ignored and I'm currently sporting a somewhat put-together zombie professional look here at work.
Second, if you're not familiar with Sarah Ahiers,
Finally, because I love free books, check out this link to Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire. There's a link to Calista Taylor's new book (steampunk romance!), Viridis. Have I mentioned it's FREE? (Because 99 cents is apparently too expensive? Seriously, Trish?)
Okay, off to get caffeine. Tune in Friday for my big blogparty announcement!!