First, THIS. Alan Rickman penned a thank you homage to J.K. Rowling and it appeared in Empire magazine. I've read and re-read it dozens of times and it still gives me goosebumps.
Second, (and really, how do you follow
This lead me to think about the blogs I follow that are more than one person's take on a topic. Instead, these sites are almost like a clearing house for all sorts of information or tips you should know about writing.
- Writer's Ally
- Smack Dab in the Middle (this is a MG blog by MG authors)
- From the Mixed-Up Files... (seriously, how haven't I seen this until NOW?)
- Ali Cross (check it out if only for the ninjas)
- Adventures in Children's Publishing (I killed about three hours perusing the links on the left under 'Helpful Articles.')
- And naturally, Wicked & Tricksy
And finally, as a child of the late 80s/early 90s, when all my friends were listening to NKOTB and MC Hammer, I was rocking out to Motley Crue, Poison, and of course, Guns N' Roses. I am not afraid to admit that I had a poster of a shirtless Slash on my bedroom wall, complete with black top hat, black leather pants, and a python. Imagine my delight when I heard this... (It's okay to admit you were shaking your head to the beat. I understand.)