26 blog posts in the 2012 A-Z Challenge.
And countless comments and opinions!
Okay, so trying to keep this quick.
What worked for me:
- As usual, I enjoyed the HUGE range of topics.
- I was amazed--on a daily basis--by the number of commenters who I *knew* were making the rounds on as many blogs as possible. Tip of the cap to them.
- The super Challenge leaders. Thanks, leader gang, for putting on another wonderful challenge.
- In terms of my own challenge, it was a huge help to have my theme (music) ready in advance. I made the first 9 posts in advance, and then spent the rest of the month catching up. It helped that I had the template of what music I'd highlight ready to go, all I had to do was dump in the videos and add some commentary.
- Commenters gave their own music recommendations, which has given me new music to check out. Perfect!
- This was my 2nd A-Z Challenge. Last year, it was my debut into the blogging world so I paid close attention to my follower count. This year, I was happy to just focus on something other than writing blogs. I wasn't as concerned about improving my follower count.
- I signed up late for the challenge, placing me somewhere down in the 1600s. It was my fault for waiting so long to sign up. If I do it next year, I will sign up earlier. I think the fact that I was so far down on the list effected traffic to the site.
- It was nice to see some non-writing blogs. But I came across a number of blogs that seemed to be thinly-veiled sales sites. (Real estate sites, really?!) I didn't check back at the end of the month, but I understood the Challenge leaders were working to clean up the list throughout the month.
- I think the size of the Challenge is both a challenge and an advantage. It will be interesting to see next year how many people register.
I enjoyed the challenge. I founds some great theme ideas for next year. Let's just hope I remember them!