First, both Seabrooke and Caitlin tagged me in the Lucky 7 meme. Here are the rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they’re written–no cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers
5. Let them know
David hated being in the Academic house, especially if it meant having students like Marcellus and Seamus in his classes.
"Great question, David." Professor Petrea answered, ignoring Seamus's outburst. "Scientists aren't sure what's causing the increase number of quakes. There are mini earthquakes almost every day across the globe. What's more concerning about this series of tremors is their sharp increase in intensity. I imagine it's a result of pressure built up under the Earth's crust. Just like when you apply too much pressure to a balloon and it needs to pop, if too much..."
Ugh. I HATE that I'm playing along with this meme because that whole section is slated to be scrubbed. But, since it hasn't been changed yet, it's all I have to play along with. Crap... Anyway.
I was also tagged by Seabrooke and Cheryl Reif with the Sunshine Award. I want to thank them both for the award. Seabrooke and I are friends on Twitter and via blogs, while Cheryl and I are blogging buddies (and now Twitter friends, too!). Please take a moment to check out both of their blogs because they are PACKED with information! Now, on to the rules!
1. Thank the person (people!) who nominated you! (Done!)
2. Write a blog post abut it with the answers to the questions below
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers and let them know
- Favorite Color: Blue. Royal blue. Robin egg blue. Ocean blue. Love them all...
- Favorite Animal: non-domesticated? Elephants. Domesticated? Dogs.
- Favorite Number: 18
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coffee (I'm copying Cheryl on this one!)
- Facebook or Twitter: Wow, these are SO different. I like what I learn from Twitter, but I like the familiarity I have with FB. Especially this week--I've had a lot of love from FB.
- My Passions: Writing, reading, Yankee baseball, running
- Getting or Giving Presents: Seriously? Who's going to put getting? I will. I like to get thoughtful presents. There. I said. Go ahead and judge. :)
- Favorite Pattern: I like polka dots, but overall, I'm a solids girl by FAR.
- Favorite Flower: Fresh lilacs when they bloom in the spring. HANDS DOWN.
Finally, Adrianne over at The Writer's Republic nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger award! The rules for this are simple: share 10 things about myself and pass it on to six other people.
- I can't wait for baseball to start. Opening Day is like a holiday!
- I just put a St. Patrick's Day scarf on my dog and I'm pretty sure he hates it.
- My mom just bought a second e-reader and got internet access. I'm pretty sure these are the final days of man.
- I've had a pretty bad week and it's only Tuesday night. In theory, things should be looking up any minute now.
- I really want new IKEA furniture for my writing room but money's an issue. It's always an issue.
- I have a much needed girls' weekend with two very dear girlfriends this weekend. I'm SUPER excited.
- St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays.
- I miss LOST on tv.
- I'm pretty sure I spend more time working out than I do writing.
- Sometimes I feel guilty about #9, like I should run less and write more. These are the things I think about while I sit on the couch and do neither.
If you follow this blog, please consider yourself tagged. I want to read your 7 lines from page 77, I want to know your thoughts on presents: are you a giver or a getter, and I want to know something new about you!